Paper 1 Instructions
Paper 1 will focus on the Protestant Reformation.
- Write a 5-page research paper (using 12-point, Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins on all sides).
- Use 5 scholarly sources. Your textbook does not count. You may use scholarly websites, but also use at least 2 scholarly articles and/or books. You can find scholarly articles through the Liberty University Library (which you used in the research exercise). If you need help finding scholarly books, you can use books.google.com. Be careful to choose scholarly sources; do not use Wikipedia or blogs. If you are uncertain if a source is scholarly, feel free to send an email with the source information to your instructor; he will let you know.
- Use current Turabian reference style and place your bibliography as the last page.
- If you find a website to use but are not sure if it is scholarly in nature, email your instructor and he will let you know.
- Upload your paper to the proper Discussion Board Forum at the same time you submit your paper to SafeAssign. Submit this assignment by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 3.
Choose 1 of the following to write on:
- Write an overview of all 4 different Protestant reform movements: Martin Luther, Ulrich Zwingli/Anabaptists, John Calvin, and English (Henry VIII and his 3 children). In this overview, include the following for each reform
- Identify the main person or people involved,
- Describe the main theological points that are unique to that reform movement, and
- Briefly describe any major events/situations that occurred in the reform movement.
- You can pick 1 of the above Reformations to write about (pick 1 of the 4). For this assignment you will need to include the following:
- A short biography of the main person/people involved (including education and their deaths),
- Describe the main theological points that are unique to that reform movement,
- Explain any major events/situations in detail, and
- Describe any significant writings that occurred within that reform movement.