In this module, you have explored a number of current trends in early childhood education. One trend that has been embedded into early childhood education systems is Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS). As you learned, QRIS is a way to assess, improve, and communicate information about quality in early care and education settings.
It is a cross-sector framework to link and align components of programs in a range of settings, including family child care, child care centers, Head Start programs, early intervention, and out of school time programs. In this assignment, you will take a closer look at QRIS systems.
For this assignment:
- Review your state’s Quality Rating and Improvement System (North Carolina). Note: See links on the Current Trends in Early Childhood Education page to get started. https://learning.rasmussen.edu/courses/1/WIN20T1-ONP-EEC4485-01/content/_5522052_1/res/index.html
- Using proper grammar and spelling, create a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 1 title slide, at least 10 content slides, and a reference slide containing APA formatted references.
- The PowerPoint must highlight the key points of the QRIS, including:
- An overview (who can participate, is it required or optional, is it a point system or block system or some other way of ranking, etc.)
- Standards summary
- Monitoring and accountability summary
- Program and practitioner supports
- Fiscal incentives
- Family and consumer engagement
- Evaluation findings, if any
- Any other points of interest