Anti-Bias Goal 1
Each child will demonstrate self-awareness, confidence, family pride, and positive social identities.
Anti-Bias Goal 2
Each child will express comfort and joy with human diversity; accurate language for human differences; and deep, caring human connections
Anti-Bias Goal 3
Each child will increasingly recognize unfairness, have language to describe unfairness, and understand that unfairness hurts.
Anti-Bias Goal 4
Each child will demonstrate empowerment and the skills to act, with others or alone, against prejudice and/or discrimination.
Initial Post: Choose one of the four main goals of anti-bias education listed in the chart above and address the points below as they relate to your chosen goal. Please make sure to support your initial reply with references to the text and at least one additional scholarly source.
- -Explain in your own words what this goal means to you and how it connects to social justice.
- -Discuss how you would foster an understanding of your goal within your education setting.
- -Analyze at least two challenges you perceive in achieving this goal.
- -Provide at least one ethical solution to each of the challenges you shared.
- -Share two developmentally appropriate methods that you will use in your work with children to foster development of this goal.